Imagine, Believe, Achieve!
Spring is in the air! It is time for the District 32 annual Conference! Mark your calendars and make reservations to attend our District’s 85th conference, to be held online from April 19 to April 24. The theme for this year’s conference is Image, Believe, Achieve!
Why attend a district conference?
Attending the spring conference is an excellent opportunity for each of us to imagine new possibilities, believe in our ability to realize these possibilities, and achieve new goals and skills, all while having fun and socializing with fellow Toastmasters, many of whom we haven’t seen in quite a while.
Our conference keynote speakers and workshop presenters have pearls of wisdom to share with us! Here is a sample of what will inspire you at this event:
- The Magic of Believing in You: Keynote Speaker Greg Wood will inspire you with tools to increase your self esteem
- Crafting Your Team’s Value Matrix: Jaymes O’Pheron will help you define a clear set of quality values for your team that will give you measurement standards for success
- Hope for a Toastmaster: Donny Crandell is a military chaplain who will speak about three key areas to living each day with a positive focus
- If You Can Imagine Change and Believe in Yourself, You can Achieve Your Dream!: Andy Vargo will encourage you to “Own Your Awkward” – teaching you how to adjust your mindset about change so that it works for your benefit
- Voiceless Victim to Master Messenger: Jackie Bailey will share the unique message of abused individuals who have become powerful messengers
Come support our Division International Speech and Evaluation contestants who are competing at the District level! Observing members compete is an excellent way to glean presentation and evaluation techniques you can use every day. The District International Speech Champion will move on to compete at the Toastmaster International semifinals and if successful there, will have a chance to compete for the World Championship of Public Speaking.
A special note to Club Presidents and Vice Presidents of Education: As voting members of the District Council, you don’t want to miss the District Council meeting! This is your opportunity to have a voice for your club. The business meeting will be on Saturday, April 24, 2021. As club leaders, you will vote on several important matters on behalf of your club, including the election of our district officers for the 2021-2022 Toastmaster year and club alignment within District 32. You don’t want to miss this! Because this year’s meeting will be online, Club Presidents and VPEs must attend to vote (per Toastmasters International, proxies cannot be assigned to another club officer or member for this event). You can attend the meeting via any electronic device (desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smart phone)!