Speech contests are an optional but important part of the Toastmasters program. Toastmasters International provides guidelines on what speech contests can be held and guidelines for holding these contests. The District 32 Council, made up of Club Presidents and VPEs, is developing a rotating schedule of which contest will be held in addition to the International Speech Contest.
As is always the case, Toastmasters International is the definitive source for all speech contests information. The most current rules and resources can be found on their speech contest website. The following resources are provided for quick access for District 32 clubs.
There will be no contests for Areas without an appointed Area Director. See 2023/2024 Leadership for your Area status.
New International Speech Contestant Eligibility: Contestants must have earned certificates of completion in Levels 1 & 2 of any path in the Toastmasters Pathway learning experience or earned a Distinguished Toastmaster. Click here to see other rulebook changes.
Eight weeks prior to the Area Contest, if an Area has four (4) assigned clubs or fewer in good standing, clubs may submit two (2) contestants to compete in the Area contest.
Divisions with four (4) assigned Areas or fewer (that is every Division in District 32), the two (2) highest-placed available contestants for each Area will advance to the Division contest.
Club & Member Eligibility
- To be eligible to compete in any official Toastmasters speech contest, a member must:
1. Be a paid member of a club in the Area, Division, and District in which they are competing.
a) The club must also be in good standing. b) A new, dual, or reinstated member must have dues and membership application current with World Headquarters.2. Maintain eligibility at all levels of any contest. If at any level it is determined that a contestant was ineligible to compete at any previous level, the contestant must be disqualified. This disqualification must occur even if the ineligibility is discovered at a later level and has been corrected.
- International Speech Contestant must have earned certificates of completion in Levels 1 & 2 of any path in the Toastmasters Pathway learning experience or earned a Distinguished Toastmaster.
D32 International & Evaluation Contests dates:
- Area Contest Deadline: Feb 29, 2024
- Division Contests Deadline: March 31, 2024
- District Contests: TBA
D32 Contest Resources
- District Chief Judges: Charlotte Morris & Joanna Tavera
- Electronic Contest Console
- Timing Flags
- Online Contest Disclaimer
- Nerdmasters Speech Contest Master Workbook
- Nerdmasters Timeline & Script
- Nerdmasters Zoom Settings Configurations
- Nerdmaster Contest Ballot Counting Speadsheet
Zoom Master 101
Being the Contest Zoom Master