Many who join may not realize there is more to Toastmasters beyond the comfort zone of their club. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, the organization’s membership exceeds 300,000 in more than 15,800 clubs in 149 countries.
The affairs of Toastmasters International are conducted by and under the direction of the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is made up of 19 elected officers and directors and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), an ex officio member without voting privileges. The international officers are the International President, International President-Elect, First Vice President, Second Vice President, Immediate Past International President and CEO. These officers constitute the Executive Committee, the Strategic Planning Committee and the Finance Committee. Each officer serves a one-year term with the exception of the CEO. International directors support Toastmasters in and out of the boardroom as organizational fiduciaries and representatives. They are responsible for:
- Upholding the mission of Toastmasters International and serving as its ambassadors
- Developing organizational strategy and policies, and ensuring their implementation
- Approving and overseeing the budget and financial matters
- Incorporating member needs into organizational decisions
- Handling significant member disciplinary matters
To learn more about the candidates up for election this year, check out the International Officers and Director Candidate webpage at Toastmasters International, and be sure to designate your club proxy by August 12.