The 2022 Toastmasters International Annual Business Meeting will be held on Friday, August 19, at 11 AM Alaska / Noon Pacific.
Dear Toastmasters Club President and Club Secretary,
For step-by-step instructions on how to assign your club’s proxy, visit the Annual Business Meeting page.
Your club has important votes to cast during the 2022 Annual Business Meeting. As stated in the Bylaws of Toastmasters International, Article X, Section 1, a Toastmasters Member Club in good standing is entitled to two (2) votes at the Annual Business Meeting.
There are three steps to casting your club’s votes at the Annual Business Meeting. It is your role to ensure the completion of Step 1 by August 12 at 7:59 PM Alaska / 8:59 PM Pacific.
STEP 1: Club Designates a Proxyholder
The club meets to discuss the international candidates and proposals, and to choose a proxyholder.
To learn and understand the roles, attributes, and responsibilities of International Officers and Directors, please review the leadership roles. Learn more about the International Officer and Director Candidates and the 2022 Proposals.
Your club’s proxyholder must be able to attend the Annual Business Meeting, either online or onsite, on August 19, at 11 AM Alaska / Noon Pacific
Step 1: The Club President or Secretary designates the proxyholder through the Toastmasters International website.
A proxyholder must be designated, even if the Club President or Secretary is assigning the proxy to themself.
Only one person may carry the votes for your club.
Once your club has chosen the proxyholder, follow the instructions below:
- Log into www.toastmasters.org with your member ID/email and password.
- Click on your name at the top of the page and select “Profile” from the drop-down menu.
- In Profile, click on the Annual Business Meeting button.
- Once you are in the Annual Business Meeting gateway, click on “Club Proxy & Voting Instructions.”
- If you are an officer in multiple clubs, select the club(s) for which you are assigning the proxy.
- Click on the Start button next to “Designate Proxyholder.”
- Select from the three options for designating a proxyholder: A member of the club, the 2022–2023 District Director, or another Toastmasters member.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process. To submit your proxyholder designation, enter your name into the Signature box, click the checkbox, and press “Confirm proxyholder.”
If your club wants to use the option to provide voting instructions to the proxyholder, click on Go to “Designate Voting Instructions”. Voting instructions can also be provided at a later time from “Club Proxy & Voting Instructions.”
Step 2: Proxy holder completes credential process by August 13.
Once your club’s proxy is assigned, please advise the proxyholder that they will be sent a communication on how to complete Step 2: Credentials. Credentials/the acceptance period starts on August 13.
If the officers in your club have changed, please notify World Headquarters immediately by going to the Club Officer Assignment section of Club Central on the Toastmasters International website. You can also email the changes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Club Quality and Member Support Department at +1 720-439-5050.
For questions or additional information, please email email@example.com or visit the Annual Business Meeting page of the Toastmasters International website.
Step 3: Attend Annual Business Meeting and Vote.
Please plan to attend the Annual Business Meeting, either onsite or online, on Friday, August 19, at 2 p.m. CDT (UTC -5). Please note, due to legal requirements, voting will no longer occur over a 24-hour period. Voting will only occur during the Annual Business Meeting, so be sure to attend from the start.
Richard E. Peck, DTM
2022 Acting International President