By: Roberta Craig, D32 Quality Program Director
Each year, the annual meeting of the voting members of Toastmasters International is held during the International Convention, for the purpose of electing Board Members and conducting other business that helps shape the future of Toastmasters. Voting members include the District Director, and the President and Secretary of clubs in good standing.
The club’s proxyholder is assigned by either the Club President or the Club Secretary, who will designate the club’s proxyholder online in Club Central. The proxy system does not automatically assign the club’s proxy to anyone. If the Club President or Secretary is carrying the club’s proxy, they must assign the proxy to themself.
This year, the Annual Business Meeting (ABM) will be held on Thursday, August 26, at 8 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)/UTC-4 or 4 a.m. Alaska Time/5 a.m. Pacific Time. Voting will be conducted using an electronic ballot which will be active for 24 hours after the ABM. The results will be announced during a separate event on Friday, August 27, at 6 p.m. EDT/UTC-4 or 2 p.m. Alaska Time/3 p.m. Pacific Time.
Here are some other important dates to remember:
- Proxy assignment will go live no later than July 10, 2021.
- Proxy assignment will close on August 16, 2021 at 7:59 p.m. Alaska Time/8:59 p.m. Pacific Time (11:59 p.m. EDT/UTC-4)
- The online Credentials process will be conducted August 17–20, 2021.
- Ballot training will be available August 21–23, 2021.
- Annual Business Meeting will be August 26, 2021 at 4 a.m. Alaska Time/ 5 a.m. Pacific Time (8 a.m. EDT/UTC-4).
Click HERE for more information on voting and candidates.